Lina became the owner of Michael’s in 1974, after working alongside founding owner Michael Morra. Her many years and ongoing education in the industry has proven to be time well spent. She has been accredited over the years with many esteemed awards and has been recognized as a leader in the industry by both colleagues and Icons in the hair world.
Lina has successfully trained and mentored her team to success through various global competitions and is very proud to say that in recent years her team has been consistently nominated or have been winners in most of the competitions they have entered. Lina’s firm foundation of education and management is the cornerstone to her continued success for herself and the award winning team at Michael’s. Some of her professional education and acknowledgments to date are as follows.
- • 1985 to present. Has traveled to advanced education in Los Angeles, San Diego, New York, Barcelona Spain, Florence Italy, Amsterdam Holland, London England, Paris France
- • 2003 won 1st place, Golden Curl Awards
- • 2008-2010 won 3, 1st place SOYA (stylist of the year) Awards for Eufora International
- • 2010 Participated in the landmark “International Salon Exchange” with Headlines for Hair in San Diego
- • 2007- Present has been named a finalist, on numerous occasions, in the Contessa and Mirror awards, both of which recognize and award talented stylists who are among the very best in their field.
- 2013 Winner of Team Collaboration Soya Awards for Eufora International